Couples Therapy Can Help When Things Get Difficult
Relationships Don’t Have To Be So Painful
In a relationship that’s doing well, you and I make more then two. It makes me, you and us! Neither of you has to “disappear” in order to keep the relationship afloat. However, during those times when 1 + 1 is not equaling 3, your interpersonal math isn’t working and the relationship is stressed. Everything you are trying isn’t working and you might be feeling some combination of:
- taken advantage of
- and just plain worn out
You may even feel you know what would make things better but your partner doesn’t agree sees it quite differently.
It’s not hopeless. Couples Therapy can help.
When two people, whole and complete within themselves, create a union, the union is greater then the sum of the parts. When the union gets stressed, you find yourself disconnected from each other.
So much of the time when a relationship is stressed, it is because at least one of you feels emotionally left behind. This results in
one of you trying to move closer to fix things and the other one of you moving away to maintain the distance.
All the research on healthy relationship shows that successful relationships:
- are not about a lack of conflict but about skillful communication and healthy resolution of conflict.
- The trouble is that almost none of us were taught healthy relationship skills growing up.
In my work with you I help you to both learn healthy relationship skills and help you find out how to be yourself in the relationship and at the same time be a healthy and happy couple. In couples therapy I’ll help you recognize these patterns, and how they create conflict in the relationship. Once recognized it is easy for both of you to support each other and help form the “more perfect union.”
You’ve heard a lot of reasons why not to go to couples therapy:
- It’s expensive – your primary relationship is the most important thing in your life. Not only does your personal happiness depend on healthy relationships, to a great degree your personal wealth does too. Couples counseling may be the best financial as well as personal investment you ever make!
- The therapist is going to blame me for everything – Good couples therapists do not take sides. They do hold you both accountable but blame and scapegoating is not part of it.
- It’s too late – How do you know until you try? It’s too late after you’re divorced and you didn’t run down all the options before divorcing. There are lessons each of us need to learn through our relationships. If you don’t learn the lessons in this relationship you are doomed to repeat it in your next relationship. Wouldn’t it be better to learn the lesson now instead of later?
I believe the goal of couples counseling is to save people which can then save a marriage. I want you both to have a happy, loving and resilient life; hopefully together but if not, then both with new partners and still friends with each other.
Are you ready to start making positive change today?
If so, here’s what to do next:
- Sign up for my monthly Newsletter: What Works:News on Health, Happiness and Wisdom. You’ll get my monthly Health and Wellness Tips, full of tips and idea for a healthy happy life. Click here to sign up.
- Email me, call me at 303-500-0926 for your FREE 10 minute phone consultation to find out how I can help you.
- If you’re ready to book an appointment, schedule an in person or virtual appointment now.
|You can send an email or call me from the Contact Larry page:||You can also schedule an initial consultation by clicking here:|